The Executive Guide to High-Impact Talent Management
Powerful Tools for Leveraging a Changing Workforce
By David DeLong and Steve Trautman
Recent studies show that in the next few years many companies could have only about half the leaders and skilled workers they need–and that these talent shortages will be particularly acute in the critical sectors like engineering, health care, energy, government, manufacturing, and aerospace and defense. As a line executive you need to ask yourself one question: Do we have who it takes to drive business performance in the future?
In The Executive Guide to High-Impact Talent Management, David DeLong and Steve Trautman combine wide-ranging research and real-world expertise to chart a clear and efficient path for senior leaders. They show how to not only reduce the risks of talent shortages but also maximize the payoff of workforce and leadership development investments.
Sharing their findings based on more than 70 interviews with senior executives and top-rated talent experts and their own experience as leaders and consultants, DeLong and Trautman show you how to:
- Accurately diagnose talent-related risks that threaten performance
- Efficiently evaluate and measure workforce and leadership investments
- Ensure your staff is aligning talent processes to support business strategy
- Accelerate leadership development and the transfer of critical knowledge
- Communicate cultural principles that will drive recruiting, development, and retention programs
- Assess the talent management IQ of your leadership team
The Executive Guide to High-Impact Talent Management shows leaders how to translate their belief in the importance of investing in people into concrete actions that will improve business performance. Most important, it shows you how to get started today!